Accredited Hospices of America in Houston, Texasis a premier provider of hospice care. Our goal is to give patients the most comprehensive hospice care services available. Hospice is not standardized; therefore, different hospice care providers don’t give the same level of care. We are different from other hospice care providers near Katy because we are dedicated to excellence and include families in our plans.
Why Choose Us?
- We prioritize patient care.
- Our medical team includes the best physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, chaplains and certified nursing aids.
- We don’t use contract labor.
- Our staff is experienced in caring for hospice patients.
- We provide quality medical equipment at no additional cost.
- We coordinate patient care with doctors, hospitals and facilities.
- Hospice is a benefit that is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance companies and has been accumulated over a lifetime
- We provide hospice care wherever you need it, whether it’s your home or a facility.
- Hospice has been accumulated over a lifetime through Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance companies.
- We tailor our care plans to meet your unique health situation, which we discuss with you, your family and caregivers.
Patients and their families are the ones who have the right to decide which hospice provider best meets their needs. The choice is YOURS to make, not anyone else’s. The Patient Self Determination Act of 1990 allows you to make decisions regarding your healthcare. No one else should or can make these decisions.
One of the most important decisions you can make is about managing your health care. You should choose a hospice provider only after being presented with all of the options available to you. You should not rush into these decisions, and they should not be coerced.
No one else should try to tell you which hospice to choose. If you choose Accredited Hospices of America, we will coordinate with the physician of your choice. Your physician can oversee your care with hospice, or we can manage your care.
There are multiple levels of hospice care available. Facilities provide respite care, which allows families to rest. Routine hospice care is available in the patient’s home or in a facility of their choice, such as a skilled nursing facility. Our Medical Director will deem it necessary for continuous care, which can be provided for extended periods of time.
Our team of compassionate professionals focuses on patients, providing physical, mental, spiritual and emotional support.
Hospice care should never be a last minute decision. It is the most critical decision to make for someone with an advanced illness. Choosing hospice care early can help sustain the quality of life. You should make the decision to hire hospice care before it’s absolutely necessary in order to provide peace to the family and comfort to the patients.
Hospice is available through insurance, usually at no cost. You can begin utilizing hospice care after receiving a serious diagnosis, so that quality of life can be addressed early on. Hospice has been accumulated over a lifetime. The goal of hospice is to provide a greater quality of life, making the best of each day.